    video). Newegg has Asus and Sapphire Radeon 7000 and 7000(VE) 64MB cards
    and Fry's is selling a Hercules Radeon 7000 for $30. My question is
    what's the difference between the Radeon 7000 and VE versions?

    BJ, Feb 19, 2004

  2. According to this[1] it's the same thing just renamed.
    Though what you need to check is if the card got DDR or SDR memory.
    The ones with DDR memory should have abit higher stock clockspeed on
    both core and mem(155/155 rather than the SDR 140/140) and will perform
    a little bit better due to both clockspeed and better memory.

    [1]http://www.ati.com/products/radeon7000/radeon7000/

    ymmw hand

    Jan Petter Arnesen, Feb 19, 2004