Radeon 9000 loses refresh rate

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Moohooya, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Moohooya

    Moohooya Guest

    I have a dual Athlon system, running W2K with SP4, and a Radeon 9000
    with the latest driver. (6.14.10.6360)

    Sometimes when I turn on my machine I find the refresh rate has been
    lost and it is using 60Hz or something terriable. When I open up the
    monitor properties it continues to say 90 or 100, whatever I set it to
    last, so I change it to the other and apply the changes. Also, I seem
    unable to get anything above 90Hz running 1280x1024. If I select 100
    or 120, my monitor says it is still getting 90, but this is less of an
    issue as 90 is fine.

    I believe if I wait after turning on my machine until I log in it will
    lose the refresh rate. If I'm waiting for the machine and log on as
    soon as it is up, the setting is not lost. (Not certian though.)

    Any thoughts anyone? All help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Moohoo

    Moohooya, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Moohooya

    Phydeaux Guest

    Search your Registry for "refresh". See if the refresh rate for your Monitor
    and Display have settings of "0" (Adapter Default) or "-1" (Optimal) instead
    of the rate you set. All Refreshrate settings should agree with the one you
    set.

    Phydeaux, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Moohooya

    Moohooya Guest

    Thanks. I'll give it a go and see how it works out.

    Moohoo

    Moohooya, Jul 15, 2003