    Could someone plz tell me is nVidia 6200A AGP8x 256MB DDR2 better the ATI
    9200SE if so how much better

    TIA :)

    Simon, May 12, 2006

  2. Simon

    Martin S. Guest

    You might want to jump to a 6600LE, it's not too much more expensive, and
    more bang for your buck....

    Martin S., May 12, 2006

  3. Simon

    Scotter Guest

    If you are going to buy a new card, an option is to look at something closer
    to the current generation (7900). But I don't think any of the new gen cards
    run in AGP slot so the latest you can get is probably the 7800GS.

    --
    Scotter
    Tyan Thunder K8WE

    Scotter, May 13, 2006

  4. Don't go for the 6200A GPUs. Even though the one your looking
    at uses DDR2, they still only have a 64bit memory bus, which cripples
    it. It maybe a little faster than a 9200SE, but it will suk at DX9
    graphics. A 128bit memory bus plain 6600 would be better than a 6200A,
    and cost not much more, if any at all.

    Larry Roberts, May 13, 2006
  5. Simon

    DaveL Guest

    The 6200a is no better than a 9200se. To advise you any better I'll need to
    know what you plan on doing with the card. Is it to play games? Also what
    processor do you have? A 9600XT is a good card that supports DX9 and can be
    had for cheap on ebay. If that's still not enough performance than you
    should look for a 6600 agp or a 6600GT agp.

    DaveL

    DaveL, May 15, 2006