Radeon 9250 PCI low profile with DVI only

Discussion in 'ATI' started by eljainc, Sep 13, 2007.

  1. eljainc

    eljainc Guest

    Hello,

    I am looking for a vendor that makes a Radeon 9250 PCI low profile
    adapter which has a DVI connector on it, not a DMS 59 connector. I am
    only going to be connecting a single monitor directly via the DVI
    interface, without using extra adapters or y-cables.

    I have looked to see if ATI has anything. They don't. There are some
    other vendors like VisionTek, Sapphire, Diamond, GeCube, but they do
    not seem to have one.

    Anybody seen a low profile card with a DVI connector on the back?

    Thanks.

    Mike McWhinney

    eljainc, Sep 13, 2007

  2. eljainc

    Guest Guest

    You could do what I did when I ran into this issue with an AGP card a few
    years back. Buy whatever card you want and just leave the case open. Or find
    a card that is narrow and unbolt the slot adapter, with the only issue being
    that you got to make sure you don't knock it from the slot while powered up.

    Guest, Sep 14, 2007

  3. eljainc

    Augustus Guest

    Does it have to be a 9250?

    This is roughly equivalent in Nvidia....1/2 height FX5200 128Mb PCI with
    DVI-I and S Video
    http://www.directron.com/128p1n309lx.html

    Augustus, Sep 14, 2007
  4. eljainc

    First of One Guest

    Dual monitor capability is an expected feature on low-profile cards
    nowadays, so a manufacturer either implements a DMS 59 connector, or has the
    VGA port attached via a removable ribbon cable. A few examples at Newegg:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814241031
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814140071

    Such cards typically come with a second, low-profile slot bracket that you
    can swap onto the card, if you case requires one. If the second bracket
    isn't included in the box, you can purchase one separately for cheap:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999003

    First of One, Sep 16, 2007