    3) Will this actually be any faster than the card i already have?

    Help!

    Kai

    Kai Robinson, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Kai Robinson

    Asestar Guest

    Your geforce3 had 128 mb?
    I thought of 9500 as equal to ti4200, don't know what benchmark you saw.

    Asestar, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Kai Robinson

    Kai Robinson Guest

    Yep - ABit Siluro GF3 Ti200 DVI 128mb

    The Card i've seemingly won, (as the seller is being retarded over
    cancelling my bid) is a Rev. A 9500 64mb - i know i can open up the extra
    pipelines - but doesnt the tiny amount of onboard memory make a difference?

    Cheers.

    Kai

    Kai Robinson, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Kai Robinson

    Asestar Guest

    Hmm I remember your Gf3 was having odd green checkboard paterns on overlays,
    right?
    Anyway, I don't think 64mb vram would be THAT big of a problem, once you
    manage to softmod it. However it depends much on rest of your system, cpu
    and ram.

    Asestar, Feb 11, 2004
  5. Kai Robinson

    Kai Robinson Guest

    Yeah - thats the card! It came back to life (as explained next door in the
    nvidia group) after a bios flash etc.

    I know i can unlock all the pipelines - but 64mb is so....2001 :p

    System specs are:

    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1578Mhz (150Mhz FSB)
    256mb Kingston PC2700 @ 300Mhz CAS2
    MSI KT3 Ultra2 Motherboard.

    Apart from the drives - thats about it.

    Currently managing to squeeze just over 8000 3dmarks out of it overclocked
    (3dmark2001se)

    Kai

    Kai Robinson, Feb 11, 2004
  6. Kai Robinson

    Darthy Guest

    The 9500Pro is a LOT faster than the Ti4200... but a 9500-64mb maybe
    an slow varient.
    doubt it, since it maybe a reduced speed card... not much difference
    It should be... Hope it was cheap. Ebay is the LAST place I look to
    buy something... ;)

    9600s are $130~150. 9800Pros are hitting below $250.

    Unreal 2004 is coming out soon!!

    http://www.gamespy.com/previews/february04/ut2004pc/

    Screen shots (change the ## at the end to see 01~17 images)
    http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?platform=PC&image=/previews/february04/ut2004pc/01.jpg

    Darthy, Feb 11, 2004
  7. Kai Robinson

    Asestar Guest

    Your system is a lot better than mine. But it is not that fast that you
    would stress those 64mb ram of 9500. It is very fast card, compared to
    ti4200, but missing 64mbs makes it just slightly faster than ti4200. You'd
    see huge difference over gf3 card.
    BTW: my advice is to get another 256mb ram, alongside the 9500pro. That DOES
    increase system speed.

    Using Cat4.1, Mysystem (duron1,[email protected] , 512PC133, r8500le(250/250)64mb,
    Abit kt7a, Dx9.0b) is getting 6500+ at 3dmark2001se. Not as bad considering
    those pesky SD rams and 200MHz bus. I might overclock the crap out of this
    Duron by next two-three days... :)

    Asestar, Feb 11, 2004
  8. Kai Robinson

    ko123 Guest

    Yeah, that card is shit, try to get out of that bid, the memory of a card is
    crucial. Right now most games recommend 128, you'll get a very large
    performance boost.

    ko123, Feb 12, 2004
  9. Kai Robinson

    Dark Avenger Guest

    I self on a 9500 Pro 128mb, with 8 pipelines you have a dragracer...
    with 4. Well it should still perform pretty good! And in games will
    act nice enough! And 64mb versus 128Mb... well.. you can game on 64Mb
    :)

    Dark Avenger, Feb 12, 2004
  10. Kai Robinson

    Kai Robinson Guest

    Well i'll have to enable the extra 4 pipelines and sell it on asap along
    with the GF3 - i won the auction. the seller was retarded and refused to
    cancel the bid and pass it onto the other bidders.

    Bastard.

    Still - it'll be faster than the 3Ti200

    Kai

    Kai Robinson, Feb 12, 2004
  11. Kai Robinson

    Darthy Guest

    Depends... most games are still not pushing 128 quite yet... but
    with a choice of today, get the 128mb.

    Darthy, Feb 12, 2004