Radeon 9500 to TFT problem (DVI-I > DVI-D related?)

Discussion in 'ATI' started by David Winter, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. David Winter

    David Winter Guest

    I have a Sapphire Radeon Pro 9500. I recently purchased an Acer AL1731
    TFT display and connected it to the card using the DVI cable supplied
    with the TFT.

    This used to work - crystal-clear picture, signal detection on
    power-on - until I updated drivers for another system component (USB
    MIDI interface - no obvious connection, but that's the only part of
    the system I changed).

    Now the DVI connection won't work anymore, only an analog D-sub
    connection. When the DVI cable is connected, the signal from the video
    card is not detected, and the display goes to standby.

    On startup, the TFT shows the inputs that it is currently scanning.
    The odd thing is that while checking Analog RGB and S-Video inputs
    takes circa a second, the "Digital RGB" is only scanned very shortly
    (and not recognized) as soon as a cable is connected.

    The Radeon 9500 has a DVI-I connector, while the TFT has a DVD-D
    connector. Could this be the source of the problem? How can I get the
    DVI connection to work again?

    David Winter, Nov 2, 2003