    login screen it stops flickering but the output is black and white. I
    know my TV is S-Video compliant and the card is supposedly S-Video
    compliant why do I not get color output?

    Jim Lewis, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Jim Lewis

    Tom Scales Guest

    What resolution are you trying? Try dropping it. I don't have an HDTV, but
    on my S-Video in on a regular TV, 800x600 works best.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Jim Lewis

    Chip Guest

    How are you connecting to the Mitsubishi TV? Is it via the round s-video
    connector, or via a SCART or other socket? If its the latter, then make
    sure the set is configured for s-video via the SCART and not RGB or
    composite video. If this is set incorrectly, you would get a black&white
    picture.

    Chip.

    Chip, Jan 2, 2004
  4. Jim Lewis

    J.Clarke Guest

    On 2 Jan 2004 00:42:47 -0800
    Try this. Turn everything off. Plug the S-video cable between the
    Radeon and the TV. Turn the TV on. Turn the computer on. If I don't
    do things in that order then the TV comes up in black and white
    sometimes, so that's my first guess as to what's causing what you're
    seeing.

    J.Clarke, Jan 2, 2004
  5. Jim Lewis

    Jim Lewis Guest

    I have tried 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 (it will not go higher than
    1024x768) all with the same results.

    -Jim

    Jim Lewis, Jan 3, 2004
  6. Jim Lewis

    Jim Lewis Guest

    I am using the round standard S-Video Out from the Radeon and the
    standard round S-Video In on the Mitsubishi. I am using the S-Video
    cable provided in the retail box.

    -Jim

    Jim Lewis, Jan 3, 2004
  7. Jim Lewis

    Jim Lewis Guest

    Same result, it still comes up black and white.

    I also tried using the S-Video connection from my DirecTV system (The
    Mitsubishi has 5 S-Video In connections) and it still comes up black
    and white.

    -Jim

    Jim Lewis, Jan 3, 2004
  8. Jim Lewis

    J.Clarke Guest

    On 2 Jan 2004 17:53:58 -0800
    I'm not sure I'm following you. Are you saying that you tried running
    the TV from the DirecTV via S-video and got black and white there too?
    Was that using the same cable? If so, then odds are it's a bad cable.

    J.Clarke, Jan 3, 2004
  9. Jim Lewis

    Phrode Guest

    The easist way to fix this problem is. Use a composit cable instead of
    using SVHS. Most tv's fail to recognize the signals comming from a
    computers SVHS cable...

    Phrode, Jan 9, 2004
  10. Jim Lewis

    Noozer Guest

    SVHS isn't a cable, it's a VCR tape format. I think it's SVideo you mean.

    Noozer, Jan 9, 2004