    fix this problem, but when I do this my pc won't boot and makes me go
    into safe mode and reactivate the secondasy display. I only have 1
    monitor, so why won't my system let me do this?

    J.H, Nov 27, 2003

  2. J.H

    Junior Guest

    I am having the same problem, I have lockups when playing 'Simpson's hit and
    run' and 'call of duty'. I even downloaded ati's so-called patch for call
    of duty...I tried everything, but I can't seem to find the problem...But I
    can play games like NFS underground for hours....weird....

    Junior, Nov 28, 2003

  3. Been into the BIOS lately ? go in and disable APIC mode and your infinite
    loop may go away otherwise suspect your memory.

    Nick Le Lievre, Nov 29, 2003