    workaround for that card
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=9618&pid=266458
    &mode=threaded&show=&st=&#entry266458

    Peter Bassett, Nov 11, 2007

  2. Peter Bassett

    Red Cloud Guest

    Nvidia card is better for TV watching over Ati card.

    Red Cloud, Nov 11, 2007

  3. Peter Bassett

    Craig Coope Guest

    Whichi Monitor did you buy?

    I have a Samsung Syncmaster 226BW and I can't for the life of me get
    DVI to work at all. Not on my 9800XT or my X1950 Pro...

    Craig Coope, Nov 11, 2007
  4. Generic brand
    http://shop1.outpost.com/{iAYh2LmR0mjwxzbBFQnrtw**.node2%
    7D/product/5265537;jsessionid=iAYh2LmR0mjwxzbBFQnrtw**.node2?
    site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

    Fry's had a $110 off promition + $20 rebate + printer which brought the
    price to $179 including the printer without DVI cable (which I already
    had).

    Peter Bassett, Nov 11, 2007
  5. Peter Bassett, Nov 11, 2007
  6. 9800XT does not list 1680x1050 in the specs
    http://ati.amd.com/products/radeon9800/radeon9800pro/specs.html

    Maybe the X1950 supports the same resolutions.

    Peter Bassett, Nov 11, 2007
  7. Peter Bassett

    Craig Coope Guest

    No...both cards do support this resolution as I have used them both.
    When I say I cannot get DVI to work I mean in any res...even the
    lowest.

    Craig Coope, Nov 11, 2007
  8. Peter Bassett

    ggs Guest