    scrambled video ever since an upgrade to Catalyst 5.6 drivers; each
    recording displays wiggly boxes and strange colors.

    Any suggestions?

    At my comp, Jul 8, 2005

  2. At my comp

    Ian Guest

    Incorrect video standard selected? e.g. Wrong PAL type, NTSC....

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0527-1, 07/07/2005
    Tested on: 08/07/2005 04:06:13

    Ian, Jul 8, 2005

  3. At my comp

    xmradio Guest

    Using 5.6 here, 9600xt aiw...

    comcast cable

    seems to work okay so far...

    xman

    xmradio, Jul 8, 2005
  4. At my comp

    At my comp Guest

    I did not change any settings. I am on NTSC like before...

    At my comp, Jul 8, 2005
  5. At my comp

    Greg Guest

    If you go back to 5.4 drivers is all OK? Don't use 5.5 drivers EVER. You
    could try a very complete deinstall and then install new drivers. My 9800
    AIW works great with 5.6 and new MMC package. Did you also install the MS
    encoder upgrade and fixes for improved speed in media player? You'll find
    the instructions on ATI's site.

    Greg, Jul 8, 2005
  6. At my comp

    Ian Guest

    Sorry, my suggestion was not a great one. Having said that, are there
    not separate capture settings that might have been changed by the driver
    upgrade. I know you are viewing ok in NTSC, but if you problem is in
    recording I feel there must be an issue in the configuration for
    capturing video. So I'm still looking in the same sort of area. Sorry
    if this is crap. All the best with it.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0527-2, 08/07/2005
    Tested on: 09/07/2005 03:03:08

    Ian, Jul 9, 2005
  7. At my comp

    At my comp Guest

    It turned out that the only way it would work was if i did uninstall and
    do a full reinstall. I also had to tinker with presets because the
    "soap" settings were corrupting my video.

    At my comp, Jul 11, 2005