  1. J.Clarke

    J.Clarke Guest

    I'm sorry, you've lost me. For $15? Did you leave a word or digit out?

    J.Clarke, Oct 12, 2003

  2. J.Clarke

    darius Guest

    darius, Oct 12, 2003

  3. Nope - it's the same card. The difference in price is that the first
    one is a bulk product - it's just the card, cables, and drivers. It
    will probably be in a white box. The second one is the retail version
    - what you see in the stores. It has extra software and the retail
    box.

    If I were you I'd just go ahead and spend the extra $15. You get an
    additional couple CDs and the retail box for bragging rights.

    Scott Wasilewski, Oct 12, 2003
  4. J.Clarke

    J.Clarke Guest

    Did you check the link he provided? There is no All-in-wonder other
    than the pro listed on that site.

    J.Clarke, Oct 12, 2003
  5. J.Clarke

    John Hall Guest

    Sounds like the 9800 AIW is the non pro version of the card which would
    explain the price difference. I would go for it anyway. The non pro
    version of the card still beats the 9700 pro and has updated DX 9
    architecture. Go for it.

    JK

    John Hall, Oct 12, 2003
  6. J.Clarke

    darius Guest

    Sorry, try this

    http://tinyurl.com/qn0s

    this only shows the 9800 PRO

    summary:

    AIW 9800 BULK $361
    9800 RETAIL $364
    AIW 9800 RETAIL $379

    ALL of these have the PRO designation. Interestingly, the retail version
    is non refundable. If the difference between retail and bulk is a nice
    box and additional software, I'd go with the bulk for the refund
    possibility. If the AIW is really same card as the 9800, seems like a no
    brainer to get the AIW.

    darius, Oct 12, 2003
  7. J.Clarke

    Replicant Guest

    What extra software? ATI are not bundling any games or anything else
    in the retail box. Just a driver disk. The cheap bastards. For the
    $550.00 CAD I paid I at least expect a free copy of Sierra's Outpost.

    Replicant, Oct 13, 2003
  8. Well, if you click on the picture for the second link, it shows a
    couple extra disks that aren't in the first one.

    Scott Wasilewski, Oct 13, 2003
  9. J.Clarke

    J.Clarke Guest

    Gotcha--$15 difference you meant.

    Whether you go with the AIW or the regular really depends on whether
    you'd rather have dual-monitor support or TV-in and a tuner.

    J.Clarke, Oct 13, 2003
  10. J.Clarke

    darius Guest

    I wasn't sure if the regular has dual monitor. It does have vga and dvi
    out, but are they separate display outputs, or just the same display
    output to 2 different ports? are all 9800 pro (non aiw) dual display
    capable?

    darius, Oct 15, 2003