    with 1gig of memory.

    Thank,

    Richard

    Richard, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Clock speed is the only real difference. 9800 Pro is 380MHz core/680MHz
    memory vs 9800 with 325mHz core/580MHz memory.

    Shiranui Gen-An, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Richard

    mike Guest

    If you aren't going to play games that much then I'd go for the 9800.
    You can always clock it up a bit as that's the only difference between
    it and the Pro... clockspeed. The 9800 still has the 256-bit memory
    buss and 8 pixel pipes. Just make sure you don't get a 9800SE which is
    basically an expensive 9600 Pro...

    mike, Sep 20, 2003
  4. The difference in speeds might be bigger than noted in previous replies. I
    think Dell get a special version (9800TX?) which is a lower clocked version
    than the standard 9800. The 'standard' 9800 with Dell computers is (I
    think) this underclocked version. Here in the UK it only adds £80 onto the
    price of a Dell PC, when the standalone version really costs about £220
    minimum.

    Andy Cunningham, Sep 20, 2003
  5. Richard

    rms Guest

    Be VERY CAREFUL in buying a 9800non-pro. A lot of retailers are selling
    9800SE as a regular 'non-pro' and not telling you. Don't buy a 9800SE.

    rms

    rms, Sep 20, 2003
  6. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Thank you for the info. I guess Dell is selling the lower Radeon 9800SE
    withouth tellling because their upgrade are expensive.

    Richard

    Richard, Sep 20, 2003
  7. Richard

    Aloke Prasad Guest

    I ordered a 9800 np from GameVE. Hopefully, that will be the real thing.
    They have a separate (cheaper) listing for 9800SE card.

    How can I tell when I get the card whether it is a 9800 or 9800SE?
    --

    Aloke
    ---

    PS: From my earlier post asking for some basic information (off-topic):

    How does one overclock video cards, especially Sapphire 128 meg 9800
    non-Pro?

    How does one find out what xx nanosec ram is being used on the card?

    How does one find out the GPU temperature?

    How does one flash the ROM of the non-pro card with pro bios? Is it worth
    it?

    Which is the best web site to keep up with ATI issues and discussions?

    Aloke Prasad, Sep 20, 2003