    the Pro version. Is the gaming performance difference that
    great between the two? I can find all kinds of reviews on
    the Pro but nothing on the non-pro.

    Davek, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Davek

    Ken Gast Guest

    pro has more features that are most likely not needed for gamine(i.e. tv
    tunerand remote)

    Ken Gast, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Davek

    John Guest

    Sure about that?? You mean All In Wonder?

    John

    John, Aug 14, 2003
  4. Davek

    JT Guest

    It does appear that the only difference is the clock speeds. Is it more to
    it than that?

    JT, Aug 14, 2003
  5. Davek

    Strontium Guest

    Sounds sweet. I'm gonna wait a few months, as I've just bought a PowerColor
    9700np a month ago. Stay away from PowerColor, btw. Once the 9800 drops to
    sub $200, I'm gonna get the ATI version.

    -
    JT stood up at show-n-tell, in , and said:
    --
    Strontium

    "You may be right! It's all a waste of time! I guess
    that's just a chance I'm prepared to take....A danger
    I'm prepared to face.....Cut to the chase." - RUSH

    Strontium, Aug 14, 2003
  6. Davek

    Tom Salvin Guest

    Why stay away from Power Color? How about Sapphire?

    Tom Salvin, Aug 14, 2003
  7. Davek

    Strontium Guest

    Because, my experience with PowerColor is making me wish I'd bit the bullet
    and bought the ATI version. This card is flaky, at best. I've no
    experience with Sapphire. But, I'm sure someone else can comment. Seems
    like folks have had good experiences with them.

    -
    Tom Salvin stood up at show-n-tell, in ,

    Strontium, Aug 14, 2003
  8. Davek

    John Hall Guest

    My 9800 Sapphire worked flawlessly right out of the box. No problems
    whatsoever with install or operation.

    JK

    John Hall, Aug 14, 2003
  9. Davek

    Bill Guest

    Yup, my experience too. I've got a Powercolor 9700 nonpro that has
    artifacts in dos mode and 640 x 480 resolution. Works ok otherwise.

    Bill

    Bill, Aug 14, 2003
  10. Davek

    Deranged Guest

    Hi there Davek,

    I hope that i am not too late, just saw on Comp USA site that they are
    offering the XTASy 9800 pro for $300 online... so u can buy it.

    REgards

    Deranged, Aug 15, 2003
  11. Davek

    Peter Cavan Guest

    Hi
    Welll, I have a Radeon 9800np, which has a default speed of 325/290, and can
    get it safely up to 390/350. I don't know what the speed of the Pro version
    is, but it couldn't be that far off. I can get 5800 in 3DMark03 with the np
    card, if that means anything to you.
    Peter Cavan.

    Peter Cavan, Aug 25, 2003