Radeon 9900 to be bundled with Half-life2 !!

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Roger Squires, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. Roger Squires, Aug 1, 2003

  2. Roger Squires

    Pham Guest

    Uber!!!
    All we have to do is lay down several large dead presidents and we get a
    free game!

    Pham, Aug 1, 2003

  3. Roger Squires

    Strider Guest

    And learn German

    --

    Name - Scott Robson
    E-mail - Scott @ stri dot tk

    Strider, Aug 1, 2003
  4. Roger Squires

    Lefty Guest

    For all I know it says they are both for sh*t.
    Lesee where's that German-English dictionary? :)

    Lefty, Aug 1, 2003
  5. Roger Squires

    Jan Gruetz Guest

    here the translation into english:

    ATI`s next silicium creation, the radeon 9900pro, will be coming
    out in september 2003 together with half-life 2. This according
    to gamestar`s current issue, at stores from august 6th.
    according to gamestar`s research graphiccard manufacturers
    are planning to bundle their radeon 9900 pro boards with
    the 3D-shooter half-life 2. its currently planned gold-date
    (time of completion) is september 13th of 2003, which would
    contradict the delay speculations lately.
    furthermore this puts the "error with nvidia-cards"-discussion
    in a new light, because there propably is a strategic
    partnership involved in the "technical difficulties".
    further details regarding radeon 9900 pro and half-life 2 are
    to be found in gamestar 08/2003.

    do i RULE or what? ;oD

    <having too much time on his hands> ^_^
    Jan

    Jan Gruetz, Aug 1, 2003
  6. From watching the Demo video for Half-Life 2 it seems to be one of the few
    games which will make full use of DX8 features (if available) and use many
    DX9 features if present.

    Probably one of the first games to exploit DX 9 in games.

    I can't wait to see the magazine articles comparing the game with different
    video cards and seeing the difference.
    __________
    Rise of Nations was listed as requiring DX9, but when I tried it without DX9
    being installed it ran flawlessly.

    Alan Shepherd, Aug 2, 2003
  7. Roger Squires

    Ceyko Guest

    But....didn't Half-life get delayed until Dec now?

    Ceyko

    x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    Ceyko, Aug 2, 2003
  8. Roger Squires

    Pluvious Guest

    NO. It was a rumor that was wrong. They are still on track for a Sept
    release.

    Pluvious

    Pluvious, Aug 2, 2003