    --
    Thomas Prost <>
    DFN

    Thomas Prost, Dec 17, 2012

  2. Thomas Prost

    goldy Guest

    goldy, Dec 23, 2012

  3. Thomas Prost

    Thomas Prost Guest

    Thomas Prost, Dec 27, 2012
  4. Thomas Prost

    Rene Guest

    On 12/27/2012 11:56 PM, Thomas Prost wrote:
    > Am Sonntag, den 23.12.2012, 18:35 -0500 schrieb goldy:
    >> Looks Like S Out Only
    >>
    >> http://www.manualslib.com/manual/5424/Amd-Ati-Radeon-Hd-2400.html?page=13#manual

    > BUT isn't there IN and OUT on the first screen of the back of the card ?
    > Is there some text, that says, it's only out ?

    That's what it says but on
    http://www.manualslib.com/manual/5424/Amd-Ati-Radeon-Hd-2400.html?page=36#manual
    it also says that SOME versions of the 2400 series support video in. And
    http://tinyurl.com/awh6bxn unfortunately says that your card Radeon HD
    2400 PRO does not have video in. Alas...

    >> Think You Need AIW For S In

    > Plz, what is AIW ?

    Abbrevation of "All in wonder", that's a name that ATI gives to cards
    that have video in. Or at least gave, don't know whether they still do
    it. In the past one could often see an empty spot on the card on which a
    video capture ic could be soldered, the AIW version had it soldered on,
    the non-AIW's just had the solder pads.

    A friend of mine is into developping hardware and writing software for
    video streaming (his job) and he said to me a while ago that one of the
    best chips for analog video capturing is available in a usb stick from
    dealextreme for a very low price. I think it was this one:

    http://dx.com/p/easycap-usb-2-0-audio-video-capture-surveillance-dongle-11267

    It has the advantage that it has the sound capturing hardware build into
    it, many video capturing solutions use the sound card for that purpose
    but that has the disadvantage that it is not rare that sooner or later
    in the movie video and sound get out of sync.

    You can read the reviews on the site of dealextreme should you be
    interested.

    Good luck!

    Yours sincerely,
    Rene