    Pete Lilleyman

    (please get rid of ".getrid" to reply direct)
    (don't get rid of the dontspam though ;-)

    Alisha's Addict, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Alisha's Addict

    John Hall Guest

    Make sure that Device Manager shows your monitor and not a generic monitor.
    If not, then install your monitor through device manager, or if it is not
    listed, go to the manufacurer's web site and download the "inf" file for
    your monitor and install it. This will tell your graphics card what refresh
    rates your monitor is capable of and will allow you to set it accordingly.
    Every time you upgrade your graphics driver, make sure that Device Manager
    shows your monitor.

    JK

    John Hall, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Alisha's Addict

    LeeB18509 Guest

    This will do the trick. http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

    LeeB18509, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Alisha's Addict

    HedgeSlammer Guest

    I own one machine with an Asus P4t533-C and a Radeon 7000.
    A friend has a machine with a generic motherboard and a RAdeon
    7500 All In Wonder.
    The problem is that when I install Win XP, the drivers allow me to
    change out of 60 hz refresh rate to whatever I plese.
    When I update the drivers either via Windows Update or
    ATI's latest catalyst, I am forever stuck in 60 hz no matter
    what I change the setting to.

    I have tried older drivers also with no success.
    What am I missing?

    TIA

    HedgeSlammer, Jan 22, 2004
  5. You should set the limits (they are two separate limits) to the maximum
    resolution (presumably 1280*1024 or maybe more in your case) and maximum
    virtical refresh (presumably 75Hz or more in your case. probably it's at
    least 90Hz unless you have very old monitor).

    Brian Gregory [UK], Jan 22, 2004
  6. Alisha's Addict

    Paul M Guest

    If you are using an LCD monitor, 60 Hz is the correct setting.

    Paul M, Jan 25, 2004
  7. <bg> It's a nice thought ... But 1280x1024 is not really a practical
    resolution cos it's limited to an eye watering (on CRT) 60Hz ... And
    1280x1024 at 75Hz causes a snowstorm on the monitor ...

    Alisha's Addict, Jan 28, 2004
  8. Okay if you really don't even want the option of selecting 1280x1024 by
    all means set a lower maximum resolution.

    Something is wrong if It tries to do 1280x1024 at 75Hz when you monitor
    isn't capable of it.

    Is this monitor perhaps so old that it isn't plug and play??

    If so you need to create (or obtain) an INF file to tell windows the
    range of H & V frequencies the monitor will accept. Note that an INF
    file intended for Win95/98/ME will not work in Win2000/XP and vice
    versa. The format has changed.

    Brian Gregory [UK], Jan 28, 2004
  9. Alisha's Addict

    HedgeSlammer Guest

    Very weird, but I realized that both machines had been connected to my
    dual input Trinitron via the BNC cable. I powered down and jacked in via
    the HD-15 cable and the refresh rate IS indeed what ever I set it to.
    Damn, I have been banging my head on the table all weekend!
    Funny that this problem only occurs with Ati video cards while
    NVidia does not mind the BNC connection.

    Thanks anyway for the reply. I sleep tonight..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    HedgeSlammer, Jan 31, 2004