Radeon X300 / Intel Extreme 915G

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Rob J, May 27, 2005.

  1. Rob J

    Rob J Guest

    I'm buying a system with the Intel 915G chipset. We need dual display so
    we are getting a Radeon X300 with the PCI Express interface.

    The Intel Bios only lets the accessory card be used as the primary
    display adapter. At this stage I am presuming that the X300 will be dual
    display so that it will show primary and secondary displays, and the
    Intel onboard adapter will appear as the tertiary display, since it can't
    be disabled.

    The secondary display in this system will need to be overlay capable as
    we want to be able to do stuff like DVD playback with subtitles and this
    requires overlay support.

    There appear to be two options

    1. Use the X300 secondary for the secondary display. However my previous
    experience with Radeons has been that the overlay is only enabled on the
    primary display output.

    2. Disable the X300's secondary output and use the Intel 915G output as
    the secondary - assuming it supports overlay.

    Any ideas there?

    Rob J, May 27, 2005

  2. Why should any OS care what displays the BIOS uses, and how it uses
    them? They can drive the display cards directly, without going through
    the BIOS.

    Or is this another Dimdows limitation?

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 9, 2005

  3. Keep wanking, dipshit