    Just wanted to know if the power supply has enuf grunt. It runs my 9800XT
    ok. I've heard the newer cards actually use less power

    Thanks Paul Tait

    Paul, Jan 11, 2006

  2. Paul

    Big Sky Guest

    The 200W PS in my SS51G could handle a Nvidia 5600U (req ext power) and the
    Radeon 9600XT. But if I tried a Radeon 9700 or 9800 it just would work
    right. I had to remove memory, stop overclocking (P4 2.2 at 2.6), swap
    around cables, disable my floppy and optical drives, etc. to make them work.
    Shuttle claims to have done a 24 burn in with a 9800Pro and P4 3.0GHz but I
    don't know how they did it. Maybe my PS is just not up to par. I'd need to
    upgrade to the 250 or 300 to run a faster video card.

    Big Sky

    Big Sky, Jan 20, 2006