RADEON X850 XT PLATINUM EDITION 256 MB PCIE

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Agent777, Dec 1, 2004.

  1. Agent777

    Agent777 Guest

    Agent777, Dec 1, 2004

  2. HockeyTownUSA, Dec 1, 2004

  3. Agent777

    NightSky 421 Guest

    I think the X800 XL looks to be the most interesting card of the new stuff
    coming out. Surely the bang for the buck factor will be there, especially
    at the inevitable end of the product cycle.

    But one thing is that I will NOT allow myself to be forced into the position
    of having to change my motherboard because of PCI Express. If I, as an AGP
    owner, cannot be accomodated, I won't be buying. I know I speak for a lot
    of other users too when I say that. I have a perfectly good 2.8GHz
    processor and nothing out there (within a reasonable price range) is a
    compelling upgrade for me, especially when my current system easily runs
    everything the way I want.

    NightSky 421, Dec 2, 2004
  4. Agent777

    Cuzman Guest

    Cuzman, Dec 2, 2004
  5. Agent777

    First of One Guest

    First of One, Dec 4, 2004
  6. All this marketing nomenclature is quite confusing. On the X800 side, the
    X800 XT is faster than the X800 Pro, but with the X850 the Pro the fastest
    of the line above XT even.

    HockeyTownUSA, Dec 4, 2004
  7. Agent777

    First of One Guest

    Huh? The X850 Pro has 12 pipes; the X850XT has 16.

    ATi's lineup was a lot murkier in the old days: 3D Rage II, II+, IIc,
    IIc+PC2TV... Pro, Pro Turbo, XL... Then you add in the retail box names like
    Mach64, 3DXpression, 3DCharger, Xpert98, 99, 2000...

    I was looking for an old ATi card to play MechWarrior2, which used the 3DCIF
    interface (basically ATi's Glide) and had a difficult time differentiating
    the various cards.

    First of One, Dec 5, 2004
  8. Agent777

    spinlock Guest

    There are 2 on EBAY with a BUT-IT-NOW price of $1100 each.

    spinlock, Dec 22, 2004