Radeon X950 XT. 512 MB. Vertex, Pixel Shader 3.0 [possible fake]

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Radeon350, Feb 24, 2005.

  1. Radeon350

    Radeon350 Guest

    http://driverheavenuploads.co.uk/Judas/Driverheaven/X950onAMD644200+.jpg

    http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=68923

    http://www.driverheaven.net/zardon/front.jpg
    http://www.driverheaven.net/zardon/back.jpg

    and:

    http://apps.ati.com/ir/PressReleaseText.asp?compid=105421&releaseID=678024

    "ATI Invites Gamers to Tweak Their PCs With the PROs and Get a Sneak
    Peek at the World's First 512MB Gaming Card

    ATI sponsors the Ultimate LAN at Texas Gaming Festival

    MARKHAM, Ontario--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 23, 2005-- Gamers from around
    the world are invited to join ATI Technologies Inc.
    (TSX:ATY)(NASDAQ:ATYT) and its marketing partners at the Ultimate LAN,
    held in association with the Texas Gaming Festival in Dallas, February
    25th to 27th. In addition to offering gamers three days of top-notch
    gaming, the event will include an overclocking demonstration and a PC
    modding event. Attendees will get the opportunity to preview the
    world's first 512MB gaming card and one lucky gamer will even get to
    take one home.

    "Participating in events like this gives us the opportunity to find out
    what gamers want and need for competitive gaming," said Rich Heye, Vice
    President and GM, Desktop Discrete Products, ATI. "And to say thanks
    for supporting ATI, we are giving attendees at this event an
    opportunity to check out the world's first 512MB gaming cards before we
    send them out to our software partners for development of
    next-generation games."

    In addition, world champion overclockers will test their mettle - and
    their silicon - to set new world records. Top overclockers Eric
    Kronies, Charles Wirth and Sami Makinen will also take a break from
    overclocking their own systems to answer attendees' system-tweaking
    questions and offer tips for overclocking PCs for ultimate performance.

    Attendees will vote on whose PC at the event is most in need of an
    overhaul. The lucky winner will have his or her PC rebuilt by modding
    experts using the latest technology from ATI and its partners.

    And as is the norm at ATI-sponsored LAN parties, participants can
    expect lots of giveaways and prizes, including high-end desktop and
    notebook PCs powered by ATI hardware. Other sponsors of the event
    include ABIT, AMD, ArenaNet, ATARI, Corsair, Gigabyte, Kingston, LG,
    NCSoft, OCZ, Running with Scissors, Sapphire and UBISOFT.

    For more information or to register, please visit ATI at
    www.ati.com/gitg or the Texas Gaming Festival at www.txgf.com."

    Radeon350, Feb 24, 2005

  2. Radeon350

    Knight37 Guest

    once tried to test me with:
    And they are only asking a modest price.

    Your first born child.

    Isn't that worth it for an extra 20 frames per second in Doom 3?

    Knight37, Feb 25, 2005

  3. Radeon350

    Dark Soul Guest

    actually if that thing is true, its much more than 20frames. That would mean
    X800/850's price will dicrease alot :(

    Dark Soul, Feb 26, 2005
  4. Radeon350

    Veritech Guest

    excuse me to doubt but

    Don't the core speeds look a little on that look a little high. Ati normally
    move in 100mhz "steps" compared to an X850XT PE @540 core and 590mem,
    750/900 looks a little bit to crazed, unless some serious o/c took place,
    plus the stock hsf must look like a small hover. And might explain the
    watercooling on that "show off" pc.

    although i could be wrong and ati are giving their customers what they want,
    good, old, warm/ hot peace of mind.

    What are they gonna do when they hit the GHZ mark in gpu, require
    watercooling as standard, cause at this rate(if true) it won't be long by
    the beginning of next years my guess.

    Veritech, Feb 27, 2005
  5. Radeon350

    First of One Guest

    Ironically, in some parts of the world right now, first-born children are
    being sold for far less than the price of a X850...

    First of One, Feb 28, 2005