RAID problems after updating BIOS on P5B

Discussion in 'Asus' started by ed, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. ed

    ed Guest

    Hi,

    Question in Brief:

    My RAID is no longer working since updating BIOS to 0614 from original
    0302.

    In more detail:

    just building a box based around:

    P5B Deluxe wifi board
    2 x maxtor 250Gb SATA drives
    Pentium D820
    HP ATI FireGL graphics

    I want the 2 250Gb drives as RAID1 Mirror

    I set this up in BIOS and in Intel ICH8R RAID set up according to
    manual.

    No problems, RAID was recognised in BIOS and by XP.

    However I then updated BIOS from 0302 (as supplied) to 0614 (latest
    offered at ASUS). When first rebooted after new BIOS, Boot message
    demanded that I reset BIOS, which I did, I now find that I have lost
    my RAID and just have two identical discs.

    I have returned to the BIOS to try and reset to original settings, but
    although I can now set to RAID, it no longer seems to recognise the
    RAID, does not offer it as an option in boot menu and a further option
    that was there: "Serial-ATA BootRom" which should be enabled is no
    longer available as an option.

    My question is how do I get out of this?

    Thanks for any help in advance.

    It is most appreciated. The build was all going terribly well up to
    this point!

    cheers

    ed

    With RAID