    them alone?

    Cheers.

    Si

    Si, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Si

    Deely Hunter Guest

    Yes. If you are not using either SATA or GIGABYTE raid simply disable them
    and they will not be accessed during boot up.

    Deely Hunter, Jul 17, 2004

  3. Si

    Mal Guest

    if you don't have anything connected to the SATA or Raid controllers, the
    bios shows no drives connected to them during bootup .. right?, then go
    ahead and disable them .... just remember to re-enable them when you do :)

    Mal

    Mal, Jul 19, 2004
  4. Si

    Si Guest

    Thanks for your replies. I tried disabling them but it made no difference in
    boot up speed. The BIOS still checked for them (which took longer!) and then
    said that no devices were found and continued with the boot up
    process.....go figure! I was hoping it would by-pass them altogether.
    Machine still boots in 27 seconds so I guess it's no big thing. Just thought
    I'd try.

    Cheers.

    Si

    Si, Jul 19, 2004
  5. Si

    Deely Hunter Guest

    No you are wrong - go back and check again. If you disable them it *will*
    bypass them

    Deely Hunter, Jul 19, 2004
  6. Si

    Rick Guest

    Ditto, The first time I did this with same mobo it did not work as I did not go deep enough. There are a couple (maybe more, no time just now to check)of different things You must disable to get rid of them but Deely's right, it does work.

    Rick, Jul 23, 2004