    And/Or are there any fundamental flaws/blatant display of misunderstanding
    in anything I've stated above?

    Thanks.

    Doc, Jul 26, 2006

  2. Doc

    Garrot Guest

    Mixing the ram will make all the ram run at the slowest speed. I would
    just use the 1gb PC3200 and get another 1gb PC3200 later if you felt the
    need. I went from 1gb to 2gb and barely noticed a difference. Going from
    1gb to 1.5gb will not do much for you unless you are running something
    that is really ram hungry. What cpu are you using?

    Garrot, Jul 26, 2006

  3. Doc

    rrodriguez83 Guest

    Garrots right, you wont notice the speed difference at all...
    unless your running a lot of processor intensive software like
    photoshop or 3d studio max. I would leave that slot open for a upgrades
    in the future...or...just sell off your old sticks and put it towards
    the cost of another gig of 3200 memory.

    rrodriguez83, Jul 26, 2006
  4. Doc

    Doc Guest

    P4 2.4 Gig Northwood according to CPU-Z-135.

    Doc, Jul 26, 2006
  5. Doc

    Doc Guest

    mPGA-478

    Doc, Jul 26, 2006
  6. Doc

    DaveW Guest

    Mixing RAM is not a good idea. You runn into RAM stick timing problems.
    And, yes, the system will only run as fast as the slowest RAM.

    DaveW, Jul 27, 2006
  7. Doc

    Garrot Guest

    OK, that cpu is designed to run on a 200mhz FSB (400mhz double data
    rate) which is what PC3200 is so you are better off to just use the
    PC3200 ram and get another 1gb of PC32000 if you want more ram.

    Garrot, Jul 28, 2006
  8. Doc

    Puddin' Man Guest

    Check CPU-Z - Memory - Frequency. If it is running at 200mhz
    (as I understand it), you have pc3200 max, and adding
    pc2700 would slow overall mem speed.

    If it is < 200 mhz, you need to figger why.

    Puddin' Man, Jul 30, 2006