    I can get the fsb up to 176*12.5 (2200mhz) no problem.
    If I try to go over that it crashes whilst loading.
    Do I need more voltage or better ram, current 512(pc2100).

    spungy, Feb 8, 2004

  2. spungy

    brian Guest

    ram first, it's surprising pc2100 will get that high..

    brian, Feb 8, 2004

  3. spungy

    CHUNTY Guest

    I'm sure it used to get to 180 fsb when I only had one stick of 256mb.

    CHUNTY, Feb 8, 2004
  4. spungy

    brian Guest

    running in dual channel mode does generally reduce the frequency it's
    willing to run at..
    Don't know much on the sis chipset, but it might be the limiting factor here
    too..

    brian, Feb 9, 2004
  5. spungy

    Andy H Guest

    It may be your ram or your voltage. I have no idea - I know fek all about
    oc'ing. But I had a 175ish fsb crash problem, so I thought I'd share it.
    My MSI KT600 has some sort of multiplier in it so that the PCI (and AGP)
    inteface runs at, say, 1/5 fsb, so 166 fsb = 33 PCI. Perfect, this is what
    the PCI is supposed to run at, apparently. Increase the fsb to 175, PCI now
    35 = crash. Enter fsb at 200 and Bios recognises that it needs to use a
    multiplier of 1/6, so PCI = 33 again. Perfect. There must be a cut off fsb
    where the multiplier shifts from 1/5 to 1/6, but I can't be bothered to find
    it. I just run my XP2500+ at 200. Lovely.

    Andy H, Feb 9, 2004