RAM PC3200 modules and Gigabyte GA-7VT600 - 1394

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by delfincek, Jan 10, 2004.

  1. delfincek

    delfincek Guest

    I just have bought new machine with Gigabyte GA - 7VT600 - 1394 board,
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton processor and Viking 2 * 256Mb memory
    modules PC3200 (DDR 400) and I have a small problem.

    Stability is not an issue as everything is working nice. Problems lies
    in setting my VIKING memory DDR3200 (DDR32x64PC320088EL) to DDR 400. I
    can set this in BIOS and the value stays there and I can also boot
    into Windows XP without any problem. When I run Sandra 2004 or WCPUID
    i get the report that memory is set to 333MHz.

    Results in Sandra 2004 are as follows:
    RED LINE - INT: 2380 MB/s
    BLUE LINE - FLOAT: 2209 MB/s

    Results are slightly better than on VIA KT333 and PC2700 modules, but
    lower than with VIA400 and PC3200 or VIA600 and PC3200 RAM modules.
    Why is memory not runing on DDR400 as I set in BIOS (value is set
    there)? Is sandra and WCPUID missreporting (not so sure)? Is my Ram
    relabeled (I suspect)?

    What are your scores with sandra and Memory benchmark, please report
    eventhough you have different motherboard.

    Thank you, Davor.

    P.s. Important question for holders of this board or any Gigabyte
    7VT600 board. Does anybody tried to overclock CPU with his board?

    delfincek, Jan 10, 2004

  2. I have the same board but yet to do anything with it due to memor
    incompatibility.
    In bios setup you press CTRL + F1 to get advanced settings.
    Set cpu clock to 200MHz and ddr speed to 400MHz
    I've never overclocked but i'm told you need a suitable power supply a
    well.
    You can get further information from the forums on the amd website

    Stephen Bowden, Apr 10, 2005