    ADS 1394 card and Lian-Li PC-61 Black Case

    APC Back-UPS RS 1500VA UPS, HP Photosmart 7550 Printer, Umax Astra 2200
    Scanner, Viewsonic G90fb monitor and Brother HL-5250DN Laser Printer

    NBK, Apr 29, 2007

  2. NBK

    NBK Guest

    Anyone???

    NBK, Apr 30, 2007

  3. NBK

    tex shalter Guest

    if you can, switch from DVI cable to monitor to analog or vise-versa, might
    make a difference. Does sound like video card issue

    tex shalter, Apr 30, 2007
  4. NBK

    fondue Guest

    Bit hard to say from the info supplied.

    Could be any number of things.
    How often does it happen, is it getting worse, any program seem to make it
    happen more or less, could be a driver issue, PSU, even just an internal
    cable coming loose.

    I just had something similar, and it *seems* to be the motherboard, but I
    haven't finished checking. Though mine happened in one night - and thanfully
    it wasn't my video card as that is the most expensive part of my PC ;-)

    fondue, Apr 30, 2007
  5. NBK

    NBK Guest

    It happens at random with no programs running or surfing the internet
    with firefox. I changed nVidia drivers from 93.71 to 91.47. Nothing is
    overheating per ASUS probe and per nVidia. I did get a BSoD referencing
    nv4_disp stop: 0x000000EA once.

    NBK

    NBK, Apr 30, 2007
  6. NBK

    Rob Guest

    It does indeed look like it could be a video hardware problem.
    EA STOP error:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293078
    "This issue might occur if the display driver is caught in an infinite loop
    while it waits for the video hardware to become idle. This issue typically
    indicates a problem with the video hardware or that the display driver
    cannot program the hardware correctly."
    Try running with the case open (eg side panel removed) and see
    if it goes away - if so, you may need to cool your graphics card
    down a bit, somehow.

    HTH,

    Rob, May 1, 2007