Random reboots- Bad memory? Device Driver error everytime

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by TReminga, Nov 26, 2003.

  1. I can only repeat the things to check as I outlined above with one
    additional possibility, You may have a bad memory stick. If you have more
    than one, you might try pulling one out and running the system to see if the
    problem reappears and the same with any others. Aside from that:
    First, be sure your antivirus software has the latest definitions and run a
    virus scan.

    Second, download, install and run Ad Aware:
    www.lavasoftusa.com

    Open Control Panel, open Administrative Tools, open Event Viewer, look for
    errors corresponding to the crash, double click the error, the information
    contained within may give a clue as to the
    source of the problem.

    Assuming you have an XP CD and not a recovery CD, place the XP CD in the
    drive, when the setup screen appears, select "Check System Compatibility,"
    the report it generates may point to problem hardware or software on your
    system. If you do not have an XP CD, you can download this application
    known as the Upgrade Advisor from the following site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/advisor.asp
    Note: If you have access to a broadband connection it might be best to
    download using that as this is a rather large download.

    Check for the latest drivers for your hardware, especially your graphics
    card and soundcard and all peripherals connected to your system. No not use
    Windows Update for this, go to the device manufacturer's web sites and if
    you install updated drivers, ignore the message about drivers being unsigned
    by Microsoft.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\), Dec 22, 2003

  2. TReminga

    erich Guest

    ok thanks again!!

    erich, Dec 22, 2003

  3. You're welcome, good luck, Erich.

    Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\), Dec 22, 2003
  4. TReminga

    hmm Guest

    By chance are you using a USB 4 Port Hub on your system?

    hmm, Dec 24, 2003
  5. TReminga

    erich Guest

    yes....why?
    It is of the Trust.

    Sorry for have write so later.

    erich, Jan 11, 2004
  6. TReminga

    Frank Guest

    Frank, Jan 11, 2004
  7. TReminga

    hmm Guest

    I had a random reboot problem that was fixed after I removed my 4 port USB
    Hub. Give that a try. Also uninstall some of your digital camera/camcorder
    USB drivers.

    hmm, Jan 13, 2004