    are generally better? Which are average? Any brand I should avoid?

    On a side note, I really hate noisy cards, so whose cards are known for
    being noisy / quiet?

    darius, Dec 18, 2004

  2. darius

    Rich Webb Guest

    Only you can judge what constitutes "better," as there are so many
    permutations of parameters. Start with:

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/index.html

    http://www.anandtech.com/video/

    Rich Webb, Dec 18, 2004

  3. darius

    John Russell Guest

    Things aren' that simple. You should decide on the GPU you want and read the
    reviews. As each new GPU arrives some companies do a better job than others
    and it isn't always the same ones as the prevous GPU.

    ....and then you get to make "compromises" when you find that the most stable
    card has the noisest fan!

    John Russell, Dec 18, 2004
  4. darius

    Roy Guest

    I personnally like BFG. Some of their cards are overclocked right out of
    the box. My 5900XT OC has never given me any problems and they have an
    excellent warranty and customer support.

    Roy, Dec 19, 2004
  5. darius

    Mike Guest

    BFG is PFG.. (pretty fuckin good :eek:)

    Mike, Dec 19, 2004
  6. darius

    First of One Guest

    Some things to keep in mind while you read through the reviews:

    BFG: lifetime warranty

    LeadTek: best 2D image quality through the VGA connector

    First of One, Dec 20, 2004
  7. darius

    John Lewis Guest

    For reliability, quality and warranty-service:-

    BFG (Lifetime warranty)

    eVGA (1 year warranty)
    PNY --- warranty not worth the paper it is printed on...
    ..... if you buy PNY, pray that it never fails. Its a long
    row-boat to China...... ( Or purchase a full-replacement
    no-questions-asked warranty from a 3rd-party, such
    as CompUSA )

    Others - no opinion.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Dec 20, 2004
  8. darius

    darius Guest

    (John Lewis) wrote in
    Thanks to all repliers.

    Good to know about BFG. Of course, what's the practical lifetime of a
    video card if used for gaming? about 3 years :)

    darius, Dec 20, 2004
  9. darius

    First of One Guest

    Indeed, though it may help maintaining the card's resale value later.

    I got a 3dfx Voodoo3 with lifetime warranty in 1999. By "lifetime", I guess
    it means the company's lifetime...

    First of One, Dec 22, 2004