    I have a Barton Core 2600+ XP with 512 L2 and every time I change the
    multiplier from 11.5 to 12 the pc will boot until it does to open the
    desktop and instantly bluescreens. Any suggestions?

    Blindside, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Blindside

    Blindside Guest

    I have a Barton Core 2600+ XP with 512 L2 and every time I change the
    The first website I went to said the 2600+ Barton Core was unlocked but
    further searching I found that it is locked hence the blue screen. I've
    raised the fsb to 207/34 and it's running stable now at 2380mhz but 208/35
    causes a bluescreen and instant reboot.

    Blindside, Jan 20, 2005

  3. Blindside

    Helinut Guest

    If its locked it wont change any settings , even if you think you have
    changed it in the bios.
    More likely, is the need to up the voltage a notch on the CPU (VCORE)
    Give it a try, but with all vaoltage raising, keep an eye on the CPU
    temperature to check that the extra voltage hasnt raised the temperature too
    much

    Helinut, Jan 21, 2005
  4. Spot on mate. I re-raised the multiplier to 12 and upped the vcore to
    1.8 and it's running stable at 2.4Ghz amb 27C case 37C cpu 40C.
    Thank you

    --
    ßlîñd$îdè

    www.sellingfreak.com

    icq: 107318558 yim: antti_hero

    GCS d- s: a- C++ U++ P++ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w++ O--- M-
    V PS+ PE Y+ PGP- t 5+ X== R* tv+ b DI D+ G e++ h* r+ y+--

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=DFl=EE=F1d=24=EEd=E8=22?=, Jan 24, 2005