    JTAG) that make it unusable on other hardware? Any experiences?

    TIA,
    Jens

    Jens Hildebrandt, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Jens Hildebrandt

    Simon Berry Guest

    I wonder, whether it is possible to use a Raven for the AMD Elan SC520 on
    a ARM7
    I have two points to make - you may interpret them as you wish :

    1. Macraigor developed a special "target" for the Netsilicon NetArm (ARM7).
    By setting the target to NetARM, the Raven DID NOT work. By setting the
    target to ARM7, the raven DID work.

    2. Don't expect to get any help/response from Macgraigor. Their technical
    support is non-existant.

    Simon Berry, Sep 19, 2003

  3. 2. Don't expect to get any help/response from Macgraigor. Their technical
    I disagree. I asked them much the same question as the OP, but re the
    Wiggler rather than Raven, and I had a response inside one day.

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards, Sep 20, 2003

  4. Regarding point 2 - I have stated exactly that in the Netsilicon forum.

    We bought the Flash tool for the NETARM50 (ARM7 core, used in big endian
    mode).
    The tools did not work. After 4 months of e-mailing (with the English
    distributor where we bought the tool) I gave up. They kept repeating that
    work was under way, that McGraigor was just getting hold of a NET+ARM kit,
    etc. No solution came up.
    I pointed to the fact that most ARM drivers had a big and a little endian
    HEX file used in the download - the NETARM setup only had a a little endian.
    OK, thanks, we'll work on it... no solution, no further replies. Maybe the
    trick you used in point 1 will work - I'll try that.

    BTW: the Raven worked fine using the supplied NetsiliconLibRemote.exe as the
    interface between GDB and the Raven. The OCD debugger also works! Just the
    $500 Flashtools failed.

    Regards,
    Arie de Muynck

    Arie de Muynck, Sep 20, 2003
  5. An ASM programming tool is for free from Atmel.
    Of Codevision C Compiler is free if your code is less than (i think) 2 kb or
    something.
    Check out www.avrfreaks.net for informations on dev-tools appnotes and so
    on...
    - stef

    This special target you mentioned is a Raver, right? So you think the
    NET+ARM is programmable with the Wiggler - whose functionality would be
    enough to me?

    Stefan Traxler, Sep 24, 2003
  6. Sorry I mixed somethin up....
    This is my question:
    This special target you mentioned is a Raven, right? So you think the
    NET+ARM is programmable with the Wiggler - whose functionality would be
    enough to me?
    - Stef

    Stefan Traxler, Sep 24, 2003