Re: Aspire 1703sc power supply problem diagnosis

Discussion in 'Acer' started by William R. Walsh, Dec 9, 2008.

  1. Hi!

    > Will the lap top run without the battery in.

    Yes.

    > Mine wont but there is power to the battery terminals from the
    > external power supply. Is the battery required to complete the
    > circuit?

    No, all modern laptops can run from their power supplies with no battery
    present.

    You might try to get another power brick. The flashes coming from the power
    LED sound like some attempt at reporting a failure. Since the power brick is
    sometimes subjected to a hard life and runs hot without much ventilation,
    it's worth trying to find or borrow one to confirm your diagnosis.

    William

    William R. Walsh, Dec 9, 2008