Re: asus mb and asus video card..asus or ati drivers?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Bert Hyman, Dec 29, 2010.

  1. Bert Hyman

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: Ant
    <> wrote:

    > On 12/29/2010 6:38 AM PT, dave typed:
    >
    >> Asus P6X58D Mb and Asus EAH5870 video card.
    >> This is a fresh install of Win7 for gaming and
    >> multimedia. I was wondering which brand of
    >> drivers I should use. That would be 10.11 Ati
    >> or 8782 for Asus.

    > ATI's for more recent updates. Does ASUS' update often? Try ATI's
    > first. If problems, then you can try ASUS'.

    ASUS often adds features to their cards that are only supported by the
    ASUS version of the driver.

    On the other hand, I had video problems on my old system with an ASUS
    NVIDIA card that were caused by the ASUS driver and were fixed when I
    switched to the stock driver, giving up those features (that I never
    used and don't even remember).

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Dec 29, 2010