Re: Athlon 64 3000+ better or a P4 3.0C 800mhz 512k cache both same price - what is better?

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by Simon, Jun 15, 2004.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    I offer no advice on which to choose. I only offer information to help you
    choose yourself.

    Go to toms hardware guide. www.tomshardware.com and look at reviews.

    look particularly at http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20031223/index.html

    Also a answer to one of the replys saying about future proofing. The
    ADA3000+ uses the socket 754. This is going to change. I work for the
    largest wholeseller of INTEL and one of the largest seller of AMD in the UK.
    I have heard through the grape vine that AMD is moving towards the socket
    939 as default. Certainly the latest Athlon 64's (the ADA3500 and the
    ADA3800 are on 939 (although the ADA3700 is a socket 754 with a 1meg of
    cache).

    Simon, Jun 15, 2004