Re: ATI and Physx?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Benjamin Gawert, Feb 23, 2010.

  1. Am 22.02.2010 19:13, * Carl:

    > If you've got Windows 7, you should be able to use the nvidia card for
    > PhysX, according to the link above, and perhaps get a new ATI card, and
    > have a blast at the new Eyefinity setup? I had the standalone PhysX
    > card, and all it seemed to do was overheat!

    Not anymore. Nvidia in its great wisdom has implemented a check for an
    ATI card in their drivers which if an ATI card is present disables
    PhysX/CUDA.

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Feb 23, 2010

  2. Benjamin Gawert wrote:

    > Not anymore. Nvidia in its great wisdom has implemented a check for an
    > ATI card in their drivers which if an ATI card is present disables
    > PhysX/CUDA.

    Yes, but you can get hacked drivers that remove that check. I downloaded
    them but never got around to installing them because I don't think the
    hassle is worth what I will gain.

    Boris Badenov, Feb 23, 2010