Re: Can Someone please help me with my Computer stuff? 50747

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Bill, Jan 28, 2010.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "Virgina Hernandez" <> wrote in message
    >I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole
    >lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire
    >AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very
    >good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need
    >I willo just go to ebay but I don't know what kind of meory, cards and such
    >are compaitble with my machine. Help please.
    >
    > Virgina
    >
    > http://ipods-imacs.com
    >
    > JD!V(>?xi)N!uvCwwUcOrWERt

    Do you know if your computer has a PCI-express slot? Are graphics being
    performed by the CPU now? The next thing I would determine is how powerful
    of a power supply your computer has and how much cooling (i.e. fans) it has.
    I think companies usually try to minimize their cost when they build
    systems. They don't anticipate that you will want to rebuild it. "Very
    good" graphics card have higher power and cooling needs. You could start by
    making a list of the components in an "Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A"--I
    wouldn't expect anyone to know unless they work for Acer.

    Bill

    Bill, Jan 28, 2010