Re: Can't Create DVD Images

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Gerry, Oct 3, 2009.

  1. Gerry

    Gerry Guest

    In article <1j6zg9h.796y7i12e8eonN%>,
    (Charles H. Sampson) wrote:

    > Suddenly I'm unable to create DVD disk images with Disk Utility.
    > I've done it before but now Disk Utility reads from the DVD for a long
    > time, usually getting well past halfway through and then stops with the
    > message "Unable to create ABC.dmg - input/output Error."
    >
    > I'm running OS X 10.11.4. I used a Memorex lens cleaner. I've
    > used at least three DVDs, some multiple times, with the above results
    > every time.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Charlie

    What type of DVD are you reading from? Is it a commercial TV/Movie DVD,
    if so it is likely copy protected.

    Have you checked the condition of the DVD your are trying to copy?
    Scratche and fingerprints can cause problems when copying.

    Gerry, Oct 3, 2009