Re: core 2 duo overclock

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by jk, Sep 12, 2008.

  1. jk

    jk Guest

    On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 21:40:49 -0400, "Pete Rynas" <>
    wrote:

    > as paul has mentioned one can go ma bit too far. i am running the FSB @
    >1360 with stock fan and compound - around 30 degrees idle . still have a few
    >memory timings to work out - the kingston hyperx was actually made to
    >overclock and will not run @ 800 mhz unless it is ( comes sayiny pc6400 ,
    >cpu-z shows it as pc5300 ) i have to play with it the core 2 duo is a conroe
    >, i think 65nm ? i will tweak some more and see where i can go. i know i
    >had a p4 1.8 gig stock fan run at 2.4 gig for years - so who knows ?

    the northwwood for me: 2000 MHZ @ 2666 for years at 1.8 volt

    Yes, that's how it worked. With wolfdale 8400 it should be quite easy
    to hit 4.0 GHz.

    But actually, I don't care: it is fast enough at 3
    Processor speed ain't the bottleneck.
    Unless you play games.

    best regards

    John