Re: Disabling/Enabling Touch Pad on Inspiron 1525

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by BillW50, Aug 5, 2009.

  1. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In Jack Gillis typed on Wed, 5 Aug 2009 08:09:38 -0400:
    Well I have some thoughts. One is the change that you are making
    probably also changes the registry. If true, you can create a reg file
    and run it with a hotkey. One to enable it and one to disable it.

    Another is most touchpads have a setting to disable the touchpad while
    you are typing. That is what I use. So no need to enable or disable it
    all of the time. There is also a PalmCheck Guard setting too.

    BillW50, Aug 5, 2009

  2. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In Jack Gillis typed on Wed, 5 Aug 2009 09:10:10 -0400:
    Well to start, who is the manufacture of your touchpad and driver? All
    of mine are Synaptics.

    BillW50, Aug 5, 2009

  3. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In Jack Gillis typed on Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:03:57 -0400:
    Oh I don't know anything about Alps touchpads. Hopefully someone else
    here has one and can check for registry settings.

    BillW50, Aug 5, 2009