    BIOS, one setting when on battery and another when on wall power.

    Not sure what the Acers have built in to control LCD brightness, but
    maybe the brightness is on a low setting? ... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, May 28, 2010

  2. Ben Myers

    BillW50 Guest

    Hello John! While I was reading I kept saying no it is the lamp, the
    lamp (well most low brightness is mostly because of the lamp)! Then you
    got to the lamp and I thought oh no! Ben is right of course, I would
    have checked that first before doing anything else though.

    Gee John! The only thing left if everything else was okay is the
    motherboard. The motherboard causing this problem is really rare.

    Are you sure that was a new LCD panel? Or was it used? As the lamps gets
    dimmer and dimmer overtime. Many will run for about 18 months if you run
    them 24/7. Use them less and you can push them 5 years and more. They
    are florescent tubes after all and if you use them 50/50 and get 5 years
    out of them that is pretty good.

    BillW50, May 28, 2010

  3. Ben Myers

    Han Guest

    Thanks for the thread, John, Ben & Bill. My Aspire 3680 uses the control
    right/left arrow combo too. So much easier than going through the <expl>
    utility.

    Han, May 29, 2010
  4. Ben Myers

    Han Guest

    I meant the FUNCTION right/left arrow combo.

    Han, May 29, 2010
  5. Ben Myers

    BillW50 Guest

    Well the bright side is you have spare parts now. I personally love
    having spare parts myself. ;-)

    BillW50, May 29, 2010
  6. Ben Myers

    markdewolfe

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I found this site and thread through google for the exact same problem. I too have no idea how my screen got darker but the fn/ R arrow fixed it. Just wanted to thank you guys. Wasn't looking forward to trying to take it apart. Mark D

    markdewolfe, Sep 29, 2011
  7. Ben Myers

    bejph

    Joined: