Re: EASY TUNE 6

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Kris, Mar 1, 2009.

  1. Kris

    Kris Guest

    when I was up at the sites a couple of days ago I noticed a bios F8F beta
    to fix easytune messages. I currently have no interest in easytune, but I
    flashed to it (Q-flash using a USB flash dongle smemory stick), some other
    probs occurred, so I backed off to f7. (I doubt my probs had anything to do
    with the F8F, but rather my wrong settings as I OC and got the memory stuff
    wrong a few times and Win produced wierdnesses (so I corrected the BIOS
    settings and restored an earlier Acronis TI image and all is well.) (I am
    in the habit of checking both the tw and usa sites as they are sometimes
    out of sync for downloads - especially BIOS flashes.

    I tried easytune a few months back when I got the board, but it would start
    for me, as I recall - but then I forget - did it crash the system when I
    tried to change something or what, but for some reason i stopped using it.
    (That was on Vista)

    But I doubt the BIOS is your problem. Maybe AV or firewall or something?
    Just guessing. fire up task mgr and see what it looks like as easytune is
    starting.

    Good luck with it!.

    Love this board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love the maturity of the BIOS in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Kris, Mar 1, 2009

  2. Kris

    Kris Guest

    Great - glad you got it!

    yeah, in MIT, I set auto,9,0.5,enabled,390,100,disa. trial and error to
    get to 390! I think it will go up to 398 or so.
    But then I had to watch DRAM that it didn't go too high - I now set :
    standard,disa,latch=266,mult=3.00A, simply because this gives me (1066
    1170) where the second number is less than the max speed on my memory,
    which is about 1198 or so. if it's too high, it will simply try to start,
    fail, and then restart with lowered settings, though it seems to leave what
    you put into MIT the same - it just isn't using them if it rebooted because
    it failed. it's a very nice BIOS. I leave all voltages set to auto as I
    discovered that it actually uses a slightly higher voltage for vcore than I
    would have and is more stable.
    Good luck!

    Kris, Mar 2, 2009