Re: GTX280 With No Monitor Ports

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Guest, May 8, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:...
    > When did this come out?
    > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4259469
    >
    > Judging by the specs, it appears to be GTX280 based, with 240 shader units
    > at 1.296 GHz. The 4GB of onboard RAM probably contributes to the $1300
    > pricetag.

    Judging from their news releases, looks like last March.
    Lenovo announced Tesla C1060 notebooks on 3/24/09:
    http://www.cio-today.com/news/Super...story.xhtml?story_id=120007VXAVS0&full_skip=1

    I just wonder how deep this gpu/cpu confusion will run with
    consumers, notably gamers. How many are going to miss the
    Important Note on these advertisements, and think they're
    buying a superfast video card?

    Guest, May 8, 2009