Re: Has anyone had a problem with their LCD monitor waking up from its monitor sleep?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Beckett, Oct 11, 2009.

  1. Beckett

    Beckett Guest

    On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 10:54:49 -0700, Ant <> wrote:

    >Hello!
    >
    >This morning (computer was not used for over 11 hours; screen saver came
    >up after 75 minutes; monitor went to sleep after two hours), my 19"
    >Samsung 931BF LCD monitor (VGA connection due to an old KVM switch)
    >wouldn't wake up for the first time with this 10-11 months old ATI
    >Radeon HD 4870 video card (512 MB) and system (did a major upgrade end
    >of December 2008. My other computer with its EVGA GeForce 8800 GT, again
    >on KVM and VGA connection, detected the monitor's wakeup just fine.

    I put in a 5870 using their 5870 recommended drivers on Win7 and I got
    a BSOD when the PC woke. Never had that issue with 4870 on sam,e OS
    and drivers up to 9.9. I turned off the sleep option for now and only
    allow it to turne off the Samsung LCD which causes no issue.

    Beckett, Oct 11, 2009