Re: Heatsink on bottom of mothboard - is this necessary?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Paul, Sep 28, 2008.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Gilgamesh wrote:
    > I'm looking at fitting a non Intel CPU cooler to my GA-EX38-DQ6 motherboard.
    > But all the ones I've looked at require the removal of the heatsinks on the
    > bottom of the motherboard.
    > Would removing these heatsinks have any impact upon the performance of the
    > rest of the motherboard?
    > Thanks

    http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/productimage/13-128-326-05.jpg

    http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/productimage/13-128-326-06.jpg

    Those are for stiffness, as much as anything. There is precious
    little air movement underneath a motherboard.

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 28, 2008