Re: Help with motherboard choice?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by pokey man, Feb 22, 2009.

  1. pokey man

    pokey man Guest

    try foxconn a79a-s w/790fx /750SB or the gx with onboard grafix AMD3800

    http://www.atacom.com/program/print_html_new.cgi?Pagecode=1|MBAM&Item_code=MBAM_FXCO_A7_AS

    or

    http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?...t_no=1&cat2_no=171&cat3_no=&prod_no=1740#menu

    or

    http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_overview.aspx?ID=en-us0000401

    MSI board has 8 SATA

    POKEYMAN

    "Zootal" <> wrote in message
    > I didn't see any AMD compatible boards - looks like Supermicro makes Intel
    > cpu only boards?
    >
    > "DER" <> wrote in message
    > > I've never built a 2U Chassis system, but I do have a home server

    running
    > > Server 2003. I've used Supermicro boards for a number of years now, and
    > > feel they are about the best on the market. Go to www.supermicro.com

    and
    > > look around you could spend hours looking at just their server boards.
    > > ...but then any board "can" be used as a server platform. Supermicro

    has

    pokey man, Feb 22, 2009

  2. pokey man

    pokey man Guest

    wow i agree, i am now eyeing an MSI board with 8 sata (6 from SB750 and 2
    from Jmicron chip) and 1 esata and the 2 rj45 jacks spdif etc... will be
    looking at reviews soon will let ya know if i buy.

    Pokeyman

    "Zootal" <> wrote in message
    > I'm actually running an A79A-S right now. When my last Asus board croaked
    > several months ago, I went out and bought the FoxConn board. I used to

    boast
    > that I've never lost an Asus board. My CUSL2 lasted for over ten years.

    Now,
    > every Asus board I've bought in the last year or two have all died, while

    my
    > PCChips and FoxConn boards are still running.
    >
    > What burns me is that I spent about $250 each on my M3A32-MVPs, and they
    > have all gone bad. They come with a 3 year warranty and so I could

    probably

    pokey man, Feb 23, 2009