Re: How to read/write raw bytes from a flash card in C++?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Kelvin @ SG, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Kelvin @ SG

    Kelvin @ SG Guest

    Thank you all for your replies! Basically I have some clue now.
    I will use WinHex to save my entire Smartmedia image into a mega-file...
    Then I will open the mega-file in binary access mode...
    And I will write some C codes to implement how to read/write (extract
    actually) files
    to/from this mega-file. That is all programming all about.

    Eventually I will write assembly code or use FPGA to interface directly to
    my Smartmedia
    and do something fun with it...

    Do I sound logical?

    Best Regards,
    Kelvin

    "Kelvin @ SG" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, group:
    >
    > I am intermediate in C programming, basically I programmed in Unix for
    > digital signal processing...
    >
    > Now I need to write a C++ program to read/write the whole volume of a FAT
    > formatted smartmedia
    > card...I can view the raw data in WinHex...now what I want is, in generic

    > codes to read all the data
    > I see in WinHex...
    >
    > Could anybody teach me on how to handle this kind of work? Any websites

    are

    Kelvin @ SG, Feb 18, 2004