    Again, if anyone is able to tell me the location, that would be
    appreciated.

    Jeff

    patient.. very patient, Jan 2, 2005

  2. patient.. very patient

    jeff Guest

    jeff, Jan 2, 2005

  3. On the seventh day, jeff wrote...
    the BIOS chip is the socketed one with the pink sticker on it.
    However, there are all sorts of protection mechanisms possible, such as the
    cooperation of harddisk and BIOS chip, i.e. you might not find any
    reference to the BIOS password in the chip itself but rather on harddisk.

    Christian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?D=FCrrhauer?=, Jan 2, 2005
  4. patient.. very patient

    Bob Headrick Guest

    So contact the previous owner (the one that threw it out) and get
    documentation, then call HP. Assuming of course that the previous owner
    realizes they discarded it.... OB 6000's still go for $300-$500 on eBay.

    - Bob Headrick

    Bob Headrick, Jan 3, 2005