    permanently, but does 3 red one green blinks.
    ANy comment on this.

    Karl

    ME, Oct 15, 2003

  2. ME

    Hans S Guest

    The organic entity known as ME communicated the following:
    The blinking red (actually orange) signals a depleted battery. The
    blinking green signals the battery is charged to full capacity. Your
    situation seems a kind of contradiction. My guess is that either the
    battery is nearing the end of it's useful life or your computer fails to
    notice the battery's capacity. Running the computer on battery power may
    distinguish between the two (perhaps disable the low battery warning).

    The only instance where I ever got the effect that you decribed was with
    my portable telephone, but the situation was remedied by draining the
    battery completely, which you also did.

    The only way I can help you is by copying the following from "Tell me
    how" which can be downladed fro the support site:

    <quote>
    The lights labeled [battery indicator] turn on steadily or blink when the
    computer is in a power conservation mode. They also blink to indicate
    battery charge status.

    If the computer is running on AC alternating current - The form of
    electricity that powers your computer when you plug the power cable into
    an electrical outlet. power, indicator states include:

    — Flashing green, which indicates that the battery is fully charged

    — Solid green, which indicates that the battery is charging

    If the computer is running on a battery, indicator states include:

    — Off, which indicates that the computer is operating on an adequately
    charged battery or that the computer is turned off

    — Flashing orange, which indicates that the battery charge is low

    — Solid orange, which indicates that the battery charge is critically low
    </quote>

    good luck,
    Hans

    Hans S, Oct 15, 2003

  3. ME

    ME Guest

    Thanks Hans for your comments.

    Looks like there is something unusual going on.

    Karl

    ME, Oct 15, 2003
  4. ME

    MikeAltieri

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    The end is near...

    I contacted Dell for a similar problem on my Inspiron 5150 - the battery indicator constantly flashed orange four times, then green. Their response (excerpted):

    Also, check http://west-wind.com/WebLog/posts/365.aspx for more info (near the end of the comments there are some suggestions for fixing it).

    Good luck,

    ~ Mike

    MikeAltieri, Dec 4, 2006
  5. ME

    volvot5turbo

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    battery

    forget the battery being dead. I have just had the same issue. Pull the battery out and put it back in....all will be well again.

    volvot5turbo, Oct 22, 2009