Re: Low volume & no sound... :NOT REALLY A SOULTION

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Lenny, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Lenny

    Lenny Guest

    > Well, if the right soundcard was not selected, then there would be no

    sound
    > at all, right? (or wrong?)

    You're probably right, but it never hurts to eliminate all possible causes,
    and it's quickly accomplished anyway. :)

    But as it seems your problem is solved one can only congratulate you. :)
    Today's soundcards only feature line-level outputs that aren't meant to
    drive speakers. You might be able to plug in a set of headphones though...
    Opening the manual would probably have confirmed this... ;)

    Anyway, good luck with picking your new speakers man. There are many good
    choices out there, but you should choose a price range first. I myself use
    the Logitech Z680, and I believe there isn't a finer setup available
    anywhere in its price range, hehe. Of course, these are overkill for most
    people, but the bass on these is extrordinary, and that's what I like.

    Lenny, Apr 1, 2004