Re: My first digitizer pen Tablet

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jan 12, 2009.

  1. >> better Pens <<

    There are some for the wacom and many for touch screen including a
    number of multipoint pens which include a touch screen stylus.

    >> and how often and why do you change the tip? <<

    not often if you have a light touch and keep the tip absolutely clean...
    I have several styli which I have used for years but I often see users
    who think they have to press hard who will not only need a stylus, but a
    new screen cover in short order ;-/

    Every couple of years, I'll get a piece of grit on the tip which I
    normally feel immediately the first time I touch the screen. You can
    remove and clean, but the scratch it leaves will be there forever.

    Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jan 12, 2009

  2. Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

    diane Guest

    message news:...
    > >> better Pens <<

    > There are some for the wacom and many for touch screen including a number
    > of multipoint pens which include a touch screen stylus.
    >
    > >> and how often and why do you change the tip? <<

    > not often if you have a light touch and keep the tip absolutely clean... I
    > have several styli which I have used for years but I often see users who
    > think they have to press hard who will not only need a stylus, but a new
    > screen cover in short order ;-/
    >
    > Every couple of years, I'll get a piece of grit on the tip which I
    > normally feel immediately the first time I touch the screen. You can
    > remove and clean, but the scratch it leaves will be there forever.
    >
    > Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]

    the reason I asked is because my HP laptop pen came with replacement tips
    and
    some sort of tool to replace them. I have a feeling I will lose them before
    I need
    to replace them ..

    diane, Jan 14, 2009

  3. >> I have a feeling I will lose them before I need to replace them .. <<

    understandable... if you keep a light touch, wouldn't worry about it.

    Can't remember... will your device respond to a finger or inactive (pda)
    stylus?

    Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jan 14, 2009
  4. Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

    John Guest

    On 1/14/2009 10:12:43 AM, "Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" wrote:
    > >> I have a feeling I will lose them before I need to replace them .. <<

    > understandable... if you keep a light touch, wouldn't worry about it.
    >
    > Can't remember... will your device respond to a finger or inactive (pda)
    > stylus?
    >
    > Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Along those same lines, i've been using tablets since their inception, and
    every tablet I've had (five so far) I never changed the tips on. And since I
    use my computer for both work and personal, I'm on them almost constantly all
    the working day and a good portion of the night. So I got a ton of use and
    never needed to swap out a tip yet.

    --
    John

    John, Jan 16, 2009