Re: Need help with Audio on FIC AZ11E

Discussion in 'FIC' started by tons@fun.com, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Guest

    I had this problem when fist assembling my machine. The audio coming
    from any internal source like MPEGs, MP3s, WAV, etc, would have
    clicking and poping sounds.

    The fix was to go to the Microsoft Knowledge Base and download
    something called the "WDM Audio Hotfix". I don't understand why this
    was necessary, but it works.

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:35:11 -0500, Gerald Orvis Davis
    <> wrote:

    >I have the onboard audio in disabled in the Bios, running WinXP pro.
    >
    >I have a Sound Blaster PCI 512 installed, last year when I built the
    >system I had this weird beeping (clipping sound) instead of normal
    >sounds. I came here and found a solution that got it rockin' n rollin'
    >(however I forgot it!).
    >
    >Now all of a sudden after many many additional programs, the problem
    >returned. I checked to make sure I have the latest bios updates and
    >drivers for the SB512.
    >
    >I have searched the google archives for this group but can't find the
    >post that told me how to fix it. If anyone has the answer, please,
    >please, please post it here!

    , Jun 26, 2003